Corporate Wellness: Mindfulness for Businesses
Discover health and wellness for your company and its employees with Long Island corporate mindfulness meditation training instructed by a qualified MBSR teacher and CPA with real-world business experience.
Discover simple and powerful ways to cope with stress and anxiety
You have the capacity to change the way you live your life. You can learn to live in a more liberated way. You can learn to relate to yourself and others in a more compassionate and fulfilling way. You can experience more acceptance and gratitude. You can do all these things by using simple mindfulness practices. The Mindful Place offers a Long Island corporate mindfulness meditation training and wellness program for businesses designed to help you learn these liberating practices.
Top reasons to choose us as your corporate wellness partner
- As a Certified Public Accountant with 3 years of experience in tax accounting, James D’Aconti intimately understands the dynamics of a corporate work environment: strict deadlines, long hours, and prolonged episodes of stress.
- James is an experienced corporate mindfulness meditation teacher and qualified instructor in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
- James leverages his dynamic experience to communicate the practices of mindfulness effectively with your company and its employees in a way that is accessible and digestible despite the demands of their work/life.
Logistics of our corporate wellness mindfulness program
- Our corporate wellness programs focus on teaching mindfulness practices proven to help reduce stress.
- Programs can be held for any size business.
- Programs vary in length and are customized to meet the unique needs of your business or organization.
- Programs can be held at your business location, or at The Mindful Place Meditation Center in South Huntington, NY.
- All programs are by appointment: If you are interested please fill out the contact form below.
About the Instructor
James D’Aconti, LMSW, CPA
James D’Aconti is a qualified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher on Long Island recognized by the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society and the Oasis Institute. He is also a licensed master social worker and practicing psychotherapist at the Long Island University Center for Healthy Living, where he has taught mindfulness based practices for over four years.
As part of his training to become a qualified teacher, James participated in four meditation retreats, engaging in intense meditation practice for 8-10 hours a day, for 7-10 days at a time. He spent two such retreats practicing mindfulness in complete silence.
James has taught mindfulness based practices in various settings including drug and alcohol abuse clinics, universities, homeless shelters and community wellness centers.
1-Hour Introduction to Practices of Mindfulness
With James D’Aconti – Qualified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher
1-Hour Introduction to Practices of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction:
- Explanation: What is Mindfulness?
Explanation: What are helpful qualities to bring to a mindfulness practice?
Explanation: How does mindfulness change our experience?
Experiential Practice: Introduction to the practices of Mindfulness Meditation: Breathing, Awareness of Sounds and Awareness of the Body.
Reflection: Unpacking and learning from the experiences of mindfulness practice.